Scientific American Feature Stories
February 2012 — Volume 306, Issue 2
September 2015 — Volume 313, Issue 3 (Special Issue: 100 Years of General Relativity)
Latest Talks for General Audiences
- Many more to come — We are on a brief hiatus since early 2017 as we analyze preliminary data!
Below are resources mostly about work done by collaborators before I worked on the experimental program. I will have much more to say soon!
News Articles on Holometer First-Generation Results
- Fermilab News: Holometer rules out first theory of space-time correlations
- Symmetry: Holometer rules out first theory of space-time correlations
- Science Magazine: Controversial experiment sees no evidence that the universe is a hologram
- Vice Motherboard: Experiment finds no evidence the universe is a hologram (But it still might be)
- Discover: Reality check: The universe is (probably) not a hologram
- Gizmodo: Fermilab experiment finds no evidence that we live in a hologram
- IBT (UK): Universe a hologram? Not according to Fermilab Holometer experiment
- IBT (AU): Scientists release result of world’s first experiment on a 'holographic universe'
Media Coverage of Early Studies and Design Concept
- Fermilab News: Do we live in a 2-D hologram?
- University of Chicago: Hologram reflection
- Guardian / Nautilus: Relativity versus quantum mechanics / Will quantum mechanics swallow relativity?
- Symmetry: Searching for the holographic universe
- Symmetry: Now playing: Reality. In 3D
- Symmetry: Hogan's holometer: Testing the hypothesis of a holographic universe
- Wired: Fermilab is finding out if the Universe is flat
- Wired: World's most precise clocks could reveal Universe is a hologram
- New Scientist: Experiment tests whether universe is a hologram
- New Scientist: Our world may be a giant hologram
- Financial Times: Physics: is the world really 3D?
- NBC News: Do we live in a 2-D hologram? Physicists aim to find out
- Daily Beast: Is the Cosmos just a big hologram?
- Newsweek: Government physicists think we may be living in a 2-D hologram
- New Statesman: Particle accelerator experiment begins search for evidence that we live in a hologram
- Vox: Some physicists believe we're living in a giant hologram — and it's not that far-fetched
- Popular Science: Fermilab is building a 'Holometer' to determine once and for all whether reality is just an illusion
- Vice Motherboard: Meet the government researcher trying to prove the universe is a 2D hologram
- Vice Motherboard: There is growing evidence that our universe is a giant hologram
- The Verge: A physics experiment might soon tell us if we're living in a 2D hologram
- CSM: Is the universe a big hologram? This device could find out.
- Huffington Post: Freaky physics experiment may prove our universe is a two-dimensional hologram
- Phys.org: Holometer experiment to test if the universe is a hologram
- Space.com: Is the universe a 2D hologram? Experiment aims to find out
Our work is funded by the following agencies, institutions, and organizations: